D-Tools expands its award-winning SaaS platform with valuable new features for project managers and field technicians, providing a simple, yet powerful end-to-end workflow for AV integrators
CONCORD, CA — June 9, 2021 — D-Tools, Inc., the worldwide leader in data-driven system integration software, today announced that it has added valuable new project management capabilities to its award-winning D-Tools Cloud platform, providing an end-to-end solution for electronic system integrators.
“After months of behind the scenes development, today D-Tools simultaneously releases a slew of new features geared towards project managers and technicians,” said Randy Stearns, CEO of D-Tools. “This powerful, yet easy-to-use suite of features bridges the gap from project estimation to project completion by adding functionality that is essential to all system integrators.”
D-Tools Cloud is a powerful, yet easy-to-implement multi-OS, web-based SaaS solution accessible from any web-enabled device. Until now, D-Tools’ next-generation platform has offered sales pipeline management, on-the-fly estimating from any mobile device, intelligent visual quoting, interactive system design presentations, change orders, and product procurement using supplier-authorized dealer-specific pricing.
To extend the value of D-Tools Cloud from the sales team to project managers and field technicians, D-Tools Cloud’s new project management suite adds project planning, resource management, scheduling, task assignments, item tracking, time tracking, and more.
The D-Tools Cloud Project Management Suite provides an easy-to-use set of tools to help project managers plan and manage project installations while enabling field technicians to receive and report on project-related tasks. Key features include:
- Project and Resource planning – a simplified and collaborative way to organize and manage projects.
- Prioritize and manage project-specific tasks
- Assign resources and tasks to open time slots
- Avoid double-booking by seeing all project assignments and resource availability
- Attach requisite pick lists and project documentation
- Scheduling – get the right people to the right place, at the right time.
- Schedule resources by project, location and phase
- Assign jobs to field technicians for viewing on mobile device
- Time tracking – improve accountability and track project completion status.
- Field technicians can clock in and out of projects via mobile device
- Track project hours by user, project, and labor type
- Item tracking – track when project-related items have been ordered and received.
- Order items and track item status through the ordering process from requested and ordered, to received
- Stay on top of items through installation with staged, picked, and installed item statuses
- Mobile view for Field Technicians – keeps teams informed, on-time, and on-track.
- Access to project details
- View assigned tasks with associated information and attachments
- Clock in and out of projects
- View personal notifications
- Project Status Reporting – measure performance and control project costs.
- View budgeting vs. actual labor hours
- Review labor hours by labor type
- Review completed project-specific tasks
- View project completion percentage
The latest capabilities of D-Tools Cloud help guide AV system integrators from sales lead through proposal and now project completion with an easy-to-use set of tools that streamlines the business process, and leads to healthier bottom-line results.
To demonstrate the new D-Tools Cloud Project Management Suite of features, D-Tools will host a free webinar taking place Tuesday, June 15, from 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. Pacific. Those interested in experiencing live demonstrations are invited to register via the link here: https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/1250636617721376272
For additional information and pricing on D-Tools Cloud, and to sign up for a free trial, visit www.d-tools.com/cloud.
About D-Tools, Inc.
D-Tools, Inc. is a worldwide leader in accessible, highly accurate business software that caters to the unique and diverse needs of systems design and installation firms. The company’s on-premises software, System Integrator™ (SI), and new cloud-based platform, D-Tools Cloud, are robust solutions that help manage all aspects of an integrator’s business, including sales, comprehensive system design, project documentation, procurement, and installation and service management. Today, nearly 7,000 companies in over 90 countries use D-Tools’ award-winning software to streamline business processes, leading to improved operational efficiencies and increased profitability.